Museum Trek: A Closer Look at the Exhibits
Join us for the Museum Trek every Satruday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the State Historical Museum of Iowa. Get interesting facts and a closer look at artifacts on display with a museum guide. Free for visitors of all ages!
Featuring a different exhibit each week:
- 1st Saturday: Mammoth: Witness to Change
- 2nd Saturday: The Delicate Balance: Human Values and Iowa’s Natural Resources
- 3rd Saturday: You Gotta Know the Territory
- 4th Saturday: Iowa and the Civil War: Nothing but Victory
- 5th Saturday: Mystery Trek Children's Activities
Will you learn about cave art and draw animals? Play American Indian and frontier children’s games? Make pictographs and learn about beadwork? Make hardtack and design a flag? Call ahead with your choice and the most popular activity wins.
Can’t get enough?
Schedule a tour of the underground collections vault of more than 100,000 artifacts.
- Saturdays from 1 p.m to 3 p.m.
- $10 per person or $8 per person for State Historical Society of Iowa members
- Ages 18 and up only
- Hour-long walking tour
- Tour size is 4-15 people
- Reservations must be made at least one week in advance
More Information and Reservations
Museum Education Coordinator